How To Set Up Lotus Notes Android Phone Using Lotus Launcher

best android apps
Updated on May 9, 2012 vinner more Office mail of most of the companies particularly IT companies is in Lotus notes. Lotus notes is a good mail client developed by IBM. But it cannot be accessed using the default mail client in your android phone. This hub describes how to set up Lotus notes mail in your android phone using a small sized application called Lotus Launcher. In order to configure your lotus launcher 2, just launch the application. Click on the menu button of your phone select preferences. From preferences select your lotus notes parameter. There are many options that you have to give to configure your lotus launcher. 1. You have to select your connection type whether it is HTTP or HTTPS. URL of your login window from your browser. It is the remaining part after https://. It will be something like mail/name.nsf. You can found this also from your web browser login window. It will be the same that you are using for login in web window. Usually it is the most secure POST method.

Also get method and basic methods are available even though that are not used much in the modern companies for security reasons. That you can check for both configurations. These are the necessary configurations that are needed to make a connection with your mail server. There are more additional options like calender import, security lock like pattern lock of android OS. There is Lotus notes traveler edition which is the co operate edition of Lotus mails provided by IBM. But it is not free and very difficult to setup. Using Lotus launcher 2 you can easily setup lotus notes in android devices without any cost. But this does not provide facility to synchronize contacts. For synchronizing lotus notes contacts and calender, you need IBM Lotus notes traveler which is a product supplied by IBM with charge. If you are looking how to configure Lotus notes traveler, it is not the correct place.

Here the configuration steps of lotus notes on android phone using free app Lotus Launcher is only described. Android operating system or the operating system of apple for mobiles iOS which is better, The competition is getting more and more strong. Let us check the details of this topic. Android is an operating system for mobiles. It is becoming more and more popular day by day. It has now overtaken i Phone operating system in popularity. Android is gaining more popularity as a mobile operating system with recent indication of overtaking iphone OS. Sign in or sign up and post using a HubPages Network account. 0 of 8192 characters usedPost CommentNo HTML is allowed in comments, but URLs will be hyperlinked. Comments are not for promoting your articles or other sites. I am using lotus notes 7 version. I use lotus application instead of using web browser on pc. Its working now. I dont know how..

Every time I try to login on my device, my access is revoked for sometime. Every time I try to login on my device, my access is revoked for sometime. If anyone is looking for Lotus iNotes app for android. Why cant I delete mail , Why can I not see any other mail folders, Yash - This error is new to me. I will check and update. I am getting error 501 HTTP Web Server: Function not implemented Exception. Pl. help . I have thoroughly checked all parameters and they are correct. Torben- Try updating to the latest version of app. Hi I have the same problem as @Thomas. Thomas, Ashwini - Try updating your version of Lotus launcher app. What does it mean, I use Galaxy SII with Android 4 version. Thomas- Which is this language my friend. Erno- Even in my lotus launcher it will show like Domino web access is not certified to work in this browser. Still it will load, after that. Jinz:-Thanks dude. happy to know that you find it useful. Very useful and working. I am working in IT company in chennai and lotus notes is my office mail.

Now I can easily check my mails from my mobile itself. This app does work in my web browser. Erno: Friend you are correct, me also think you overlooked some setting. Now from the setup requirements this should be fairly simple but there is must be something else that im overlooking. I removed the mail directory cause I had that in there but no success. Erno: The values you entered are not correct for your demonstration URL. Note that in your webmail section there is no /mail/ , so you do not need to enter that anywhere. Lotus launcher is really cool app. Now i can check my lotus mail any time from my phone. Thanks a lot for settings. This will open like that only. But while loading it will ask to open in which way. If you select web mail mode, it will open as you open in your internet browser. First of all you try to login to the mail using your web browser. After entering username and password press submit. Then check the url. Open lotus launcher-preferences-Your lotus notes parameters. Then enter user name and password. Then you are done. I have not tried with calender import in Lotus Launcher as my calender is empty. But I think surely there will be a way to synchronize your calender events. But what ist the calender-import. Should it import my lotus-Calender to my google-calender, Thanks a lot my friend. But the only problem is that for setting up it initially you will take some time. Also remember to set a lock pattern for opening lotus launcher in your phone from lotus launcher settings. Otherwise you mail can be accessed by any person who uses your phone. Very useful. I am able to set up Lotus notes in my droid.